Get Books at the best price online or anywhere for that matter. Find anything you are looking for right here. GO HERE
Reading is a fundamental source for learning and entertainment. Gaining our own thoughts and directions has never been as important or as available as it is today. There are so many books, and methods for accessing books today than ever in history before.
Whether you prefer having the physical presence of the book itself, taking in the pages, or you are into the downloads or audiobooks, its all right here in the largest library – and always at the Best Price.
There is a great selection of books available in every category.
Whether you are looking for Used, New, or into finding a new indulgence, we have just the place for you to find anything you are yearning for.
For education, or entertainment – and anything in-between. For Work, Business, Do It Yourself (DIY), home and garden… well its all here. Every Categories imaginable is available (and believe me – it doesn’t stop here):
- Arts & Photography
- Biographies & Memoirs
- Business & Money
- Children’s Books
- Christian Books & Bibles
- Comics & Graphic Novels
- Computers & Technology
- Cookbooks, Food & Wine
- Crafts, Hobbies & Home
- Education & Teaching
- Engineering & Transportation
- Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Humor & Entertainment
- Literature & Fiction
- Medical Books
- Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Parenting & Relationships
- Politics & Social Sciences
- Religion & Spirituality
- Science & Math
- Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Sports & Outdoors
- Teen & Young Adult
- Test Preparation
From the time our kids are able to hear us, they should be hearing us read. READING has proven to be fundamentally beneficial in all areas of life.We learn so much from being read to, Reading, and then in our own abilities to write and share, and communicate. Children who read have such an advantage for success in life.
I have personally been a book worm for as long as I can remember, and still read hours and hours each week. It is a constant, and a constant part of my success in my life. I found some great information on why Reading is Important, and I’ll include that here:
Why Is Reading Important?
1. Reading is fundamental to function in today’s society. There are many adults who cannot read well enough to understand the instructions on a medicine bottle. That is a scary thought -, especially for their children. Filling out applications becomes impossible without help. Reading road or warning signs is difficult. Even following a map becomes a chore. Day-to-day activities that many people take for granted become a source of frustration, anger, and fear.
2. Reading is a vital skill in finding a good job. Many well-paying jobs require reading as a part of job performance. There are reports and memos which must be read and responded to. Poor reading skills increase the amount of time it takes to absorb and react in the workplace. A person is limited in what they can accomplish without good reading and comprehension skills.
3. Reading is important because it develops the mind. The mind is a muscle. It needs exercise. Understanding the written word is one way the mind grows in its ability. Teaching young children to read helps them develop their language skills. It also helps them learn to listen. Everybody wants to talk, but few can really listen. Lack of listening skills can result in major misunderstandings which can lead to job loss, marriage breakup, and other disasters – small and great. Reading helps children [and adults] focus on what someone else is communicating.
4. Why is reading important? It is how we discover new things. Books, magazines and even the Internet are great learning tools which require the ability to read and understand what is read. A person who knows how to read can educate themselves in any area of life they are interested in. We live in an age where we overflow with information, but reading is the main way to take advantage of it.
Reading Develops The Imagination
5. Reading develops the imagination. TV and computer games have their place, but they are more like amusement. Amusement comes from two words “a” [non] and “muse” [think]. Amusement is non-thinking activities. With reading, a person can go anywhere in the world…or even out of it! They can be a king, or an adventurer, or a princess, or… The possibilities are endless. Non-readers never experience these joys to the same extent.
6. In line with the above, reading develops the creative side of people. When reading to children, stop every once in awhile and ask them what they think is going to happen next. Get them thinking about the story. When it is finished, ask if they could think of a better ending or anything that would have improved it. If they really liked the story, encourage them to illustrate it with their own drawings or to make up a different story with the same characters. Get the creative juices flowing!
Reading Is Fundamental
7. Reading is fundamental in developing a good self-image. Non-readers or poor readers often have low opinions of themselves and their abilities. Many times they feel as if the world is against them. They feel isolated [everybody else can read – which isn’t true] and behavior problems can surface. They can perform poorly in other subjects because they cannot read and understand the material and so tend to “give up.”
8. Why is reading important? Let’s keep going… Good reading skills, especially in a phonics reading program, improve spelling. As students learn to sound out letters and words, spelling comes easier. Also, reading helps to expand the vocabulary. Reading new words puts them in their mind for later use. Seeing how words are used in different contexts can give a better understanding of the word usage and definitions than the cold facts of a dictionary.
9. There is an old saying, “The pen is mightier than the sword.” Ideas written down have changed the destiny of men and nations for better or worse. The flow of ideas cannot be stopped. We need to read and research to build on the good ideas and expose the bad ideas before they bring destruction. Only by reading can we be armed in this never-ending, life-and-death struggle.
10. The fact of the power of written ideas communicated through reading is a foundational reason why some governments oppose free and honest communication. Illiterate people are easier to control and manipulate. They cannot do their own research and thinking. They must rely on what they are told and how their emotions are swayed. There is a good possibility that this is one of the main reasons phonics was removed from the schools about 100 years ago.
Reading Is Important
11. Finally, why is reading important? Reading is important because words – spoken and written – are the building blocks of life. You are, right now, the result of words that you have heard or read AND believed about yourself. What you become in the future will depend on the words you believe about yourself now. People, families, relationships, and even nations are built from words. Think about it.
According to Jonathan Kozol in “Illiterate America,” quoted in “The Teacher Who Couldn’t Read,’” the three main reasons people give for wanting to read are:
I think everyone can conclude that reading is a vital skill! Reading Strategies are also a part of learning to read.
By Glenn Davis,
Thank you Glenn – and I totally agree.
If you like a topic, or a Movie Series, you should dive into the books. Books allow for so much more of the Story, the plots, the characters. If you love it on the big screen, you’ll more than love and get more into it when you read.
Do you travel, drive or fly a lot – you should Read, but at times AUDIO BOOKS are a great addition to your personal growth. They allow you to take in a book – and in many cases as read to you. Being read too is a great way to soak in a story, to learn history, to gain knowledge. And it’s all available on our site (that we continually update).